Tuesday 20 October 2015

OUR DREAM IS TO PROVIDE HOMES FOR 1.8 MILLION FAMILIES - ADRON Homes 'Boss (Part 1)

Dr Oba Adetola Olaniyan Olanipekun Emmanuel king is the Chief Executive Officer of Adron Homes  and Properties, a company that is making waves by devising innovative methods of payment that are making acquiring houses easier for more and more people. In this interview with Bamidele Adeyemi and Funmi Ajayi, he gives a profile of the company, how it started and its trajectory, and proffers invaluable advice to intending entrepreneur.
A lot of young men are enthralled by your achievement and want to know the secret behind your success. Well, I think whatever one wants to do in life, one must be vision – driven. Majorly, I could attribute our success to vision. We were not exactly sure of what to do or because other people are doing the same business. No! We are vision – driven.

What would you say make ADRON Homes and properties stand out from other real estate firms in Nigeria?
Our vision is to be the leading pan – African real estate development company that would have the highest number of decent, comfortable and accessible housing , what would be our operation? So that also defines our mission, which also says that we are daily driven to keep our client base.  These are the action words that enable us to increase our client base and land bank on a daily basis. So we buy lands every day.
Another niche that we have carved ourselves is the ability to make housing affordable by making our product cheap to the barest minimum- that people can buy into the project and into our property. Normally, when you tell people about housing and property, what comes to their mind is ‘am I a millionaire?” where am I going to get money to buy land?”  That is a herculean task. But when you hear that, with the same N500/N2000 you use to buy recharge cards every day, you can be a proud owner of a plot of land, if you can dedicate just N1000 out of it. So we simplified housing

WHY ARE YOU SO DEEPLY INTO REAL ESTATE MANAGEMENT
One thing I would love to say is, understanding your gift and calling. That is one portion I never forgot because I really didn’t know, I just found out during my secondary school days that I had the gift of an artist. Infact I wanted to be an architect or sculptor. Those were my ideals until I found my self in the housing industry and I found out that they are interwoven. Then I proceeded to study Estate Management at Yaba College of Technology (YABATECH). I had my master’s degree in Housing Development and management from University of Ibadan, then I was awarded a doctorate degree from European American University in Housing development and Leadership Management.

So, all my life, with other certificate and degrees here and there, all point to housing. All I do is housing and there is a law school of success, which is the law of focus. Be a man of one thing . I am a man of one thing, I remained focused even thought there are times when you make profit and people just come to you suggesting that you should diversify into other businesses  and this has killed businesses; so many businesses have died. But we are into one thing, which is housing and development. People get to our projects and they find out that “Oh! Nothing is going on here” and they are amazed that under one month, a city has emerged, And this is because we work on daily basis. My staffs work every day; even on Sundays they are on the site working, because we do not have any other business. We are not selling bread, we are not selling water, the only thing we do is REAL ESTATE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beach Home Villa @ Rehoboth Park and Gardens Ibeju Lekki Lagos

Beach Home Villa Our Beach home villa series are our homes located at our prestigious Rehoboth Parks and Gardens Estate that is located rig...